PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do all Airline Pilots hate Single Pilot Operations?
Old 14th Dec 2003, 18:27
Airking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible ssg refers to 4050 airmen with the exemption to fly COMMERCIALLY single-hand ?

I did and sometimes still do fly single hand...
In my opinion, a cockpit with 2 well trained, crm orientated pilots is the safest option.
Now, there are a lot of pilots in the GA/ exec (Part 135) playgrounds are either not so crm-ish or not well trained or -worst case - both. They are DANGEROUS !

on the other hand, if youre well trained, organized and healthy, SH can be safe - exept for the incapactation scenario...

Porco:
I fly with my boss for more than 10 years...it´s tricky:
if YOU tell him what bull**** he´s is doin´you´ll be fired.
If a checker does it, he´ll never asked to do it again (the check)
if FSI (Flight Safety) does it, they´ll possibly loose the contract.

However, work out strategies. E.G. My Boss has the habit of pushing the AP / YD on short finals all the way - afterwards he complaints the trim is u/s, "why didn´t you have it fixed ?"
My "answer" is, after several times explaining why the trim is disconnected, on short finals my right hand is on the trimswitch to reset trim as soon as he pushes...
He sometimes wanted to set flaps when we where too fast...when I told him, "look we´re too fast" he would just say "come on they can handle that"....I got a quotation for replacing flap motor and drive and gave it to him the nex time we flew - he saw the price and guess what : we are perfectly in speed schedule when selecting Gear or flaps ever since.