PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair opening base in Denmark and Sweden
Old 14th May 2021, 18:25
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Banana Joe

I respect that. Not a predjudice, more of leopard & spots or by their fruit..

Unlike many others I do not believe their management is on an eternal quest to destroy the conditions of our profession. They simply do what's best for the financial benefit of their employer, leaving no stone unturned and throwing away some from their path rather indiscriminately. Italy and Spain are markets so large they cannot be ignored, and so RYR accepted playing by the book. Same with France as I learend here just recently, but that was not without an ugly fight. Not sure about Madrid base in previous years?

Ready and hoping to be shocked again, are the CC enjoying the full protection of the CLA and other proper emplyment arrangements in Spain and Italy too? (serious question)

But even if, check what happened in Poland and Austria, it does not get any more serious.

Unelss fiercly opposed they will try to have it their way though I second the remark the Danes know how to count their chicken and stand ground. Those who do not get bulldozed.

Another reality check for me: Is that 5+4 written in the contract? It's very long time since I saw one, but that spelled 6+3. While 5+4 would had been rostered it was not enforcible, a carefully crafted Damocles' sword.

Last edited by FlightDetent; 15th May 2021 at 01:34.