PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly without fuel?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2021, 15:41
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

Somehow I am having a hard time finding the chart showing the evil trace gas increases and the temperature follows, rather than the well-accepted Vostok plot showing temp follows the gas. Why? Well, maybe a climate scientist could study this versus screaming we are all gonna die if we do not revert to stone age civilization this very moment!

I also note some studies reflecting very high C02 for many centuries after the temp peaked out at the end of an interglacial glacial period (Vostok plot shows this for a few glacial onsets). Where the hell did all the stuff come from?

Unless we revert to sailing ships, we have to power the immense transportation system on the seas that make current civilization and quality of life in most countries what it is now compared to 1860 or whenever humans began to produce terratons of the evil gas that is necessary to grow crops to feed us and is exhaled every breath we take. Then ground and air transport also need power. So we build immense solar fields and new, super-sized cables to bring the volts to the thousands of new charging stations or your tiny apartment in a ten floor building? The ships will still need to use sails because the nearest charging station in 1,000 friggin' miles away, and I can't afford a hundred tons of batteries at the expense of the cargo I have to deliver in three days.

Most greenies are denialists of actual science related to energy. " I have my EV, and the Earth will be saved." But where did that electricity come from? And the funniest/saddest thing is they resist any mention of using nuclear power to generate the volts and amps. More people died this year in one day from a virus than in all the nuclear accidents/mishaps in history. Even Hiroshima and Nagasaki had less deaths and lingering health problems than the Covid virus inflicted on India in a week.

Fuel for transportation is the real elephant in the room, face it. We cannot build a nuke light and small enuf to power our airplanes, tho that is not outta the realm of practical engineering for the big cargo ships, maybe even trains. Until we can reduce the domestic and industrial consumption of electricity produced by the evil fossil fuels, we have a problem, right? But the solution is not reverting to the society we had in 1860 or so, even what we had a hundred years ago after WW1.

The warmistas must cease their ignorant mantra that we lowly humans can change the course of our climate by a simplistic cessation of using fossil fuels. They also must look at preparation as well as questionable "prevention".

I yield the floor.....

Gums sends...

Last edited by gums; 16th May 2021 at 13:49. Reason: typo, corrections