PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways
Thread: Qatar Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2003, 15:39
st.elmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needless to say there will always be a difference of opinion when it comes to QR. Some crew think it is the best place in the world and no other job could offer them the freedom to travel as Qatar Airways does. How wrong they are but I do not try to change their views of this place. I would be wasting my time.

Ayomide; to say one never receives a roster change or a crap roster the following month for calling in sick is a bit crazy. Especially when the majority of crew has been hammered for calling in sick. We understand when one is sick, then one is sick. The underlying problem is roster don’t see it that way. Some crew can get away with it but there are only small minorities who are in that 'special click'. I have been called at home whilst being sick, asked to explain myself for leaving the apt, where I ended up getting a doctors note with a time of attendance. Now, how can you say they don’t care? (Before you say it, that was my first time to call in.)

Anyway, that is the way they are and yes if you do not like it then get out. So with that I did. I do not have any problem with the Arab state that is Qatar I only have a dislike to the Airline Management who don’t know their arse from their elbow. The same ones who encourage backstabbing and running to the office where im sure in the future they will have a special little office for crew reporting crew. Dare I mention it? I feel sorry for those with motivation and the ability to be take charge as they are time and time again put down. The company has bred a style of cs and csd who thrive on power. They were **** upon once so now they **** upon the rest. (Not all as there are some fantastic ones out there but the majority think that’s how it done in the real world). I would like to see them act the very same way for another airline, and then you will realize that that is not how you treat others.

By the way the reason for leaving was not that I could not handle the place. I did not like the person I was turning into.