PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 12th May 2021, 22:16
H_Lemos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ab Initio Cadet Program Help/Info

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so a bit of info about me, 10 years as CC, last 5 in one of the ME3s until the pandemic hit. Had looked into pursuing the f/d career before but the cost was always a bit prohibitive for me plus that sort of investment without a "guaranteed" job at the end is a big decision to make.
Since end of 2020 been doing what I have to do, completely different industry, but just today I got a response from a flight school that I had forgotten I had applied to one of its cadet programs. The school in question is BAA flight school out of Vilnius for the LOT cadet program. If I pass the assessment, I am guaranteed a placement at LOT as an F/O.
I am skeptical by nature, prepare for the worst, hope for the best kind of person so is this too good to be true or is my paranoia kicking in?

1. Did some research about the school but got a lot of conflicting reviews and none from 2021. Any input would be appreciated
2. The industry took a huge beating with the pandemic, saw a lot of f/d friends get the axe, surely an airline looking to hire would like to hire a proven pilot with a few k hrs rather than train a new one. (skepticism kicking in)
3. Any general advice/tips appreciated