PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heads-up - uncontrolled reentry of large rocket booster projected May 8-10
Old 11th May 2021, 01:14
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
etudiant

You're very welcome! -- and I appreciate the kind words.

Past several years, concerns over orbital debris have multiplied greatly, perhaps exponentially. In the almost seven years during which I've been working toward an advanced degree in pertinent legal subject matters, "Debris" with a purposeful capital-D has been always in the top three issues in space law and policy. (If it's an interest of yours, PM me if you want cites to sources and so on.)

And just to keep the pot boiling, there are some indications that the China rocket was on a trajectory after launch which took it unusually close to the ISS. Different "mavens" on orbital dynamics and parameters, launch sequences and procedures, and tracking of space objects were tossing the issue of deliberateness or intent around earlier today. Former NASA Administrator Bridenstine remarked on this today, in a webinar on issues in national security (U.S.) space. What the various, several mathematical factors prove, infer, suggest or otherwise prompt as further questions, I'm not commenting (as it's way outside my subject matter lanes).