PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded pilot refused fuel in Antarctica
Old 14th Dec 2003, 09:21
Aussierotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant see what all the fuss is about.
This guy is no fool and has been flying this plane for years.Dont know his achievements ,but i think he has flown around the world and flown over the north pole.
He is an adventurer,something i wouldnt even consider doing ,but hes not alone in this world.
He had planned and was fully equiped,but the weather went against him,Big deal.He had a place to land and top up instead of landing 400k short in the ocean then upsetting people with an expensive rescue mission.
I think maybe hes come from the wrong country.Could you imagine a guy in a 4 wheel drive in the outback who encounters rain and uses more fuel getting through boggy conditions stops at farm house only to be told to wait for a truck due next month he can put his wagon on-------------what a joke.

Whats wrong with the good old "Geez mate,your either game or stupid,but yep ,no probs,we will top you up.Stay a couple of days and we will show you around,but all the good looking penguins are taken-------nice meeting you mate ,glad we could help ,have a safe trip-----------see ya"

Whats the world coming to