PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Linton on Ouse : The end of an era
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2021, 11:20
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
baddowboy,

I was also on 310 IOT Course at Henlow and should have been on 21 Course BFTS. Instead was sent to Honington* on a holding post until 22 Cse, I think for no better reason that my surname is towards the rear end of the alphabet.

[*What an utterly miserable time I had at Honington on the Buccaneer OCU. Arrived on a Sunday afternoon and was put straight on the ops desk the following morning, mainly working solo. I worked there for 12 hours straight with very little prior briefing on what it was all about. I was allowed no lunch breaks. I was bollocked at every turn for not knowing stuff that no-one had bothered to brief me about. For example: Squawk box beeps: (Sqn Boss) "Book me a LEPUS and TOSS at Jurby!" "Book you a what Sir, and where?". "ARE YOU DEAF? - I SAID A LEPUS AND TOSS AT JURBY!" I had no idea what this was! When I had to ask I was made to feel like a total idiot.
I left there after a couple of months with a very nasty taste in my mouth, confidence at a very low ebb, and a fear of EVER getting posted to Buccaneers. My time there nearly put me off the RAF entirely, before I'd even begun].