PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets claim to have the BEST pilots!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2003, 08:20
Chris Higgins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About the pay.....

I don't think there's anyone making 20's nor 40's at Netjets, that is, that wants to work. The money is there, but you do have to give up some lifestyle to get a slice of it.

We can't divulge too much of the compensation arrangements because we are bound by confidentiality, but the money's there if you want to go after it.

It is true that some people see it as a breathing space until the airline industry gets sorted out, then there are people that genuinely like going to work and actually solving problems. With unscheduled flying, utilizing a large organization, there are going to be problems.

I believe there may be an element of truth to every post that we've seen. Firstly that all Netjets pilots are "the best" is simply an outrageous claim to make. I think on average, that we are in fact above average, and I hope this continues as the company grows. An advertising claim that we hire only the best pilots seems well intended, and I think that it's an obvious belief that any competitive company would like to make.

My airline background allows me to share the belief that I have in fact flown with the best pilots in my career, now spanning twenty years, at Netjets.

All things being said, certain training events in simulators, or instances of less than courteous or professional behaviour will have to be dealt with in any organisation the size that we are now. All said, Netjets now has over 420 aircraft worldwide.

To gain some perspective on this size, please allow yourself to consider Qantas, which only has 135 aircraft.

If there was ever an incident as detailed in a previous post, where a pilot did abrogate his/her responsibility and left the flight deck to play flight attendant, I'm sure it's already been dealt with...if indeed it's true in the first place.

We are not perfect, and I hope that we will never consider ourselves such, for that would certainly spell disaster for us all!