PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 18:46
aviationvictim

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
look Banana, I’m actually one of the few who maintained the job under the same terms in good airline. This past year has been a
positive experience in many ways so I’m very far from bitter.
I will however not sugar coat the reality of the industry now and in the future. All airlines are absolutely struggling and a big recovery will also require big loan repayments. It’ll be though for years and with the green agenda the time of big airline expansion is gone.
If you can make it to Air France, KLM, Lufthansa in 5-6 years you might still get a nice career. It requires the right nationality though..
by all means stay positive about the future, it’s important to maintain a bit of sanity and I’m sure you’re already established in the industry.
I will again though make sure everyone considering this as a career will think twice and hopefully choose a different path. A future with likes of Vardi as your boss I really don’t wish for any pilot out there.

Sorry to edit but I just noticed I forgot to answer your comment about pay. As far as I know Volotea fo’s are on around 1500 a month spread out over the year as most are seasonal workers. In Scandinavia a McDonald’s supervisor is on around 4000 before tax and you probably get to live next to your mom and help them when they grow old..
what did Wizz pay again?