PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time for a new school
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2021, 15:50
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
From memory so I maybe wrong, I don’t recall there being a lesson in the PPL syllabus that states Circuits & Landings only.
The circuit, with reference to training, is made of two parts: Ex 12 take-off and climb to the top of the crosswind leg (the departure). Ex 13 Joining the downwind leg through to the landing (the arrival) ex 13. So, traditionally they are taught together as you can't do one without the other.

At some point you need to disconnect your brain and what your eyes see needs to go directly to hands and feet without an active thought process.
A point of view that is a well established contribution to the accident statistics. A landing is no different to all other phases of flight: requiring planning, judgement, skill and the correct application of the controls This is why the full understanding of the purpose and effect of the controls is so important You could say the language of flight is taught in the early lessons Ex 4 -10/11 and must not be rushed or skimped. Without a common language the teaching and learning cannot take place. I suspect that this is the case in hand.