PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Spine Med Discharge?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2021, 16:31
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScotchEggLoophole
I asked for an ill health forecast today, well before a med board, and received a resounding no ....
It is sad to see such the decline in support available over the last 25 years. When I had a career (and life) threatening illness in 1995, someone from P5 (which I had never heard of) turned up at my bedside at Halton. He was able to tell me exactly what I would get if I was invalided out that day and all the details about it being tax free and index-linked. I asked whether it had to be 'attributable' and he said that it was up to them to prove that it wasn't rather than me to prove it was.

By the time I left, nearly 20 years later, manning had been instructed not to enter into pension advice, the PSF 'termination clerk' couldn't answer many of my questions and the JPAC were no better. I had to resort to the FPS to assist in filling in the PVR form. At my leaving medical, the doc gave me a letter outlining the benefits I should expect as a veteran in civilian medical care - but added 'but i wouldn't hold your breath!' I have yet to see any sign of the military covenant.