PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Digital camera Q&A.........
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2003, 06:11
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Digital camera Q&A.........

Hi all. I have decided to make use of my cam (ixus400) and start printing my own pictures. I have a load of questions regarding this so here goes.

I have an Epsom printer. Must I use epsom paper and ink or can I buy cheap ink from these sites that sell it all really cheaply? If I did, would there be any kind of loss of quality?
I was told years ago that they made the ink/paper to work together for greater results and 'mixing' paper and ink from other sources would lower the quality.

What about paper. Just how good is the photo quality, glossy, dogs bits expensive stuff that you can buy? What is the difference between the different types? All I want to do is print off pictures and send them to family all over the place. How long does this new paper that is about now last? I.E. how long will it take before it 'fades'? I am sure they make it now so that it doesn't, a few years ago when I tried printing the quality wasnt that good, and I believe the paper made now days is pretty good compared to a few years ago when I tried it.

Compact flash cards now. I have the standard Canon 32Mb card in mine that came with the cam. I have seen a 128 for £22 in the back of a mag. How good would this card be? Why the big difference in 'branded' and non-branded cards?. Is there anything to look out for when buying a cheap card like the one I have seen?.

That will do for now, i have a million other questions about all things to do with digital but they will do for another day.

Thanks
Brl.