PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New advertising campaign for Comed?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2001, 00:48
Niaga Dessip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New advertising campaign for Comed?

In tonight's Blackpool Evening Gazette:

THE Vulcan bomber at Blackpool Airport has been defaced by vandals who daubed the message "Comed Lives" in yellow paint across the old warplane.

Blackpool Air Centre boss Brian Bateson, who owns the bomber, was fuming when he spotted the graffiti on the wings of the plane which sits in front of his hangar at Blackpool Airport.

Comed Group of Companies boss Robert Murgatroyd said he did not know who the perpetrator of the graffiti was.

But he added that even though he did not agree with vandalism as a way of getting the message across, he was pleased at the recognition that the Comed name was back in business.

Mr Murgatroyd's former company Comed Aviation was grounded in February owing more than £500,000 to Blackpool Airport. But after reaching an agreement on repayment, he resurrected his flying school and maintenance business.

Mr Bateson said the graffiti was discovered on Tuesday morning. He said: "It is a pity that someone has found it necessary to vandalise this old bomber.

"These people are embittered towards us because we tendered for a lot of Comed's fixed assets and bought them."

Mr Murgatroyd said: "This has nothing to do with my company but obviously someone somewhere has decided to do it, and I say good on them.

Boys need to grow up, me thinks.