PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time for a new school
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021, 04:26
fitliker

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Without access to your pilot training record I would not comment on your individual particular progress .
I can comment on a common frustration that some student get when their training plateaus and the fun is sucked right out of the window .
Procedures are best learned chair flying on the ground . An airplane is a very difficult place to learn the check lists and procedures . If I get a student that has not got the procedures , We go for coffee and a walk around the ramp with the checklist in hand in a ground circuit drill . I like to make instructing easy for me and the easy way is to make sure the student is well briefed, before and after each flight so they know what is expected .
Many pilot training records can help progress and help solve issues before they cause frustration . Plateaus are normal and can be an opportunity to reinforce elements required .
Look at the whole dance card when a plateau occurs for clues .
Use Crew Resource Management techniques to resolve problems . The best CRM quote is “ Talk to me Goose “ if I say that , I am opening the discussion and I expect you to speak up . If you say it i will take the opportunity to help .

Flying can be fun and safe if you know what is expected .