PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2021, 01:21
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
The delay in the vaccine rollout is going to cost 10s of billions of $$ to the industry.

Insights Report: Counting the cost of Australia’s delayed vaccine roll-out Part Two: International border closures

And even then I think the uptake rates since those numbers have published have dropped off, we’re even below France blowing out the time even further.

It’s obvious media scaremongering about AZ and lack of incentive to get vaccinated locally is hampering the rollout. With the government unwilling to pull out all stops to get more alternate vaccines different incentives to encourage people to get vaccinated will have to be considered. Is it time to make a Covid vaccination mandatory for certain things? Not just travel without quarantine, to enter certain venues, to work certain jobs? With the rest of the world about to open unfettered travel for the vaccinated a thing Australian’s attitude may change quick. Sure it’ll piss off the “No Mandatory Vaccination” crowd, but they’re nutters and no one should care what they think:

EU plans summer opening for vaccinated tourists
From personal experience and that of my family and friends, the biggest disincentive to vaccination is being told repeatedly "you'll need to wait for our next shipment, can you ring again tomorrow please".
Do that 5 or six times and see how incentivised you are still feeling.

No one that I know is in the least deterred by the clotting scaremongering.