PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2021, 08:50
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, Tuc, Not_a_boffin, Oldgrubber, Martin the Martian, SLXOwft and others, a fairly comprehensive list of concerns raised in the last few days - and, OG, exactly my thoughts re the "role-change" concept from ASW to AEW. Sounds good in theory ...... I remembered that point after I'd posted and was en-route to the Beer Garden for a couple of hours "on task"! And, Tuc, glad our "friend" came good in the end.

So, WE BF, I think you have some inkling now as to why there is a degree of concern and maybe why things don't add up reading across from CVS to QE - there are just so many factors influencing this - some going back more than a few years now! And none are reflected in the current MoD "Tweets" - unsurprisingly!

I'll bow out of this convo now, but, in departing, I think I can probably say on behalf of all the above Posters, I wish the Lads and Lassies tasked to make this all work all the best. Ultimately, it's in the Cab or on the Flight Deck or down in the Shed and in the AED Workshops where it all comes to rest - and it's down to the skill and, often, ingenuity of each and every one of them to make the best of it.

Fly Safe - Fly Navy!