PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 5th May 2021, 07:05
ATNotts

Received 298 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by TheFrenchConnection
12.00 Over West Germany now. See that's off to Minsk Belarus - On a side note , last week on ' urgent business ' I had a trip, middle of last week , that ended up Wednesday evening Lancashire to Berkshire by car. A route I am familiar with , but not normally at this time - weekdays .. Hitting Birmingham after 8pm I have never seen so many transport parcel lorries DHL , DPD , yodel Hermes etc etc. on the M6 M42 M5 etc. there were literally hundreds of trucks all moving around Birmingham Motorway network and with the lack of normal traffic everything @ speed limit ( don't use the toll - rip off IMO ) . Seem to hit this at the perfect time peak time for parcel hubs. I am sure ' some ' of these transport aircraft @ BHX has something to do with this peak of trucks IMO. Just thought I would share this TFC
Of the parcels carriers, only FedEx operates through BHX. Many of the daily adhoc cargo ops are, as I understand it, in connection with the automotive industry, particularly JLR. As you'll be aware, most of the parcels business goes through EMA.

To my certain knowledge DPD has a large parcels hub in West Bromwich, and TNT a big warehouse in Atherstone. The others must also have major hubs in the West Midlands if, for no other reason, that it lies mid way between London and the Liverpool / Manchester conurbation. You must have hit the M6 at just the right (or was it the wrong?) time!!