PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 4th May 2021, 11:13
TheFrenchConnection

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX Birmingham the centre, Hub ? of everything ? IMO.

Originally Posted by treadigraph
Well, that' the first time I've heard an AN-12 in quite a while! EW-485TI, any educated guesses as to its departure airport?
12.00 Over West Germany now. See that's off to Minsk Belarus - On a side note , last week on ' urgent business ' I had a trip, middle of last week , that ended up Wednesday evening Lancashire to Berkshire by car. A route I am familiar with , but not normally at this time - weekdays .. Hitting Birmingham after 8pm I have never seen so many transport parcel lorries DHL , DPD , yodel Hermes etc etc. on the M6 M42 M5 etc. there were literally hundreds of trucks all moving around Birmingham Motorway network and with the lack of normal traffic everything @ speed limit ( don't use the toll - rip off IMO ) . Seem to hit this at the perfect time peak time for parcel hubs. I am sure ' some ' of these transport aircraft @ BHX has something to do with this peak of trucks IMO. Just thought I would share this TFC

Last edited by TheFrenchConnection; 4th May 2021 at 12:31.