PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest PPL in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2021, 08:11
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Boksryan
I was looking at Fly-In-Spain. Does anyone know, or has any one trained at this ATO? Is 3/4 weeks possible to get a PPL? I'm a very quick learner and flew in the air cadets and University air squadron on the grub tutor but that was 10 years ago
I went to FiS in Jerez last year to convert my FAA IR into an EASA IR.

I found the people great, the aeroplanes basic but in good condition, the airport exacting and a bit picky but capable of delivering everything I needed, and the examiner, who is also the (British) boss, appropriately rigorous without being an arse about it (he also posts on PPrune incidentally, but I've no idea if he'll see this thread). Plus on the downtime Jerez is a very nice place to spend some time off, even with Covid restrictions. They delivered what I needed in the planned timescale as well. They weren't the cheapest, but not at the ultra-premium price tag.

I'm anticipating going back late this year for my IR revalidation - and I'm sure you appreciate that I've been around a long time and know of plenty of other options to do that.

I'd suggest talking to them, and I think they'll be realistic about what can and can't be achieved.

I would also advise however, get all of your exams out of the way first, then you *only* need to do the flying in your precious time off.

G