PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest PPL in Europe?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2021, 07:30
FullMetalJackass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theoretically it's possible, but it depends on the instructor. I know one PPL who spent four weeks at that site but failed to complete it because the instructor they got was young and went partying every Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Nothing wrong with that, we all should have some time to enjoy ourselves. However, due to the typically hot weather conditions there, they would typically use the morning hours to go flying before the temperatures rose too high and theory would be in the afternoon. However the instructor would still be under the influence the next morning so they would not be able to fly. Effectively they would only fly 4 days out of 7. On the plus side, all the written exams were completed within 3 weeks

Whether that instructor is still there is something I can't comment about. When my friend complained to the German boss - I can't remember his name, that is going back to 2014 - and requested a different instructor to fly every day, the response was effectively foxtrot oscar..... So the moral of this story: Make sure you sign up with a caveat demanding that you choose the instructor.

I'm not saying all are alcoholics, heck, that young guy probably wasn't alcoholic either but you could be paired with an instructor with whom you can't work; for the boss of the unit to ignore requests to change the instructor was a bit strange to me.....

Another thing which got me was their method of charging. Based at a large international airport, they often were waiting for CAT to depart. Charging block time plus was just unnecessary, in my opinion.....