PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:38
rotorwills

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Could it be that some airlines are looking at taking on young recruits in order to keep their costs down in order to try and stay in business.

I am not at all convinced that particularly Jet2 retaking on apprentices, as alleged, in fact a couple of Jet2 colleagues are saying they have had little to no communication from the company. They say they are all in the dark.

Given that RyanAir are providing TR for cadets then entrance to 1500 hour jet blokes may be more difficult due to expected influx of raw aircrew. My RyanAir contacts claim that they are to reintroduce command upgrades shortly. There has been a loss of captains in the last 18 months and now that they anticipate flying the Max look to expand their business at the expense of their competitors who are more hamstrung somewhat.

I will be certainly interested in watching the outcomes in the next 12 months or so. Of course this does not help anyone looking for comfort in desire to become an airline pilot.