PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 3rd May 2021, 05:32
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fired600

Even better where management is giving interviews expressing the importance of the staff and the need to protect them as most important asset - whilst never addressed the employees and sent out emails

being a number isn’t the worst part as it is a hugh company - but it does not mean you have to kick employees with your feet - at least stick to published self made rules without constantly changing or breaking them to satisfy the ego

a employer has a social responsibility - that’s why normal countries have at least some protection for workers by law

and now some will say that does not even apply to Europe - it can tell u it does

so far if u have close look Into the numbers off pilots who have lost their jobs - in most cases the company does not exist anymore or has given up a complete branch of operation (Norwegian) or taken a significant and not temporary downsize
All others like LH,KLM, AF, OS,Swiss BA have found ways to protect workforce in a wide range not to 100% but at a very good level

ME3s have not take one step to protect employees - just cut the cost to blast how well they manage and it appears they are now looking to cleaning out the operation by as sim checks have hardened to get finally rid off the „bad apples“ so for some it’s not over yet

nobody could have seen how ME3 will handle a crisis at the day you joined - that they will put you down for surgery, a complicated disease or the pregnancy with complication of your wife
if Somebody joined knowing, it’s questionable why u decided to stay and not run on day one,
because all off the reasons mentioned are not in the individuals hands - and hope for the best is not a plan, at least not for a pilot
It can be hard, strict, aiming only for the best of the best and all the top guns out- that’s ok
but EKs are not better than anyone else and just because trainers can make you feel **** after a check, or management ignores you does not mean the have to treat people like they do - that’s actually a philosophy which starts at the very top and I mean HH and the Sir - Arabian arrogance paired with a certain old school superiority - this mix is fatal for a companies pyramid of power (not to say the Arabian region loves a book of a German guy from 1930/40 as a guideline to lead)

It tells a lot when a bank does not trust an EK employee for financing a loan or mortgage where the big boss of the bank and the airline is the same person.

ME3 are by far the most unethical most immoral pieces of the human kind and they are infectious in their way as we have seen with DT in HU- country