PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2021, 20:10
an.other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dysslexicgod
Repatriate Australians from Covid19 hotspots around the world including Third world countries with no possibility of pre departure quarantine and/or dodgy screening or testing. A non - zero percentage will be infected.

Use airliners for repatriation. Cram infected and non infected people and crews in an aluminium tube for 20+ hours.

On arrival, assume none of the crews and passengers are infected with Covid19.

Transport passengers, assumed to be uninfected mind you, to central city hotels that are not purpose built quarantine facilities and inform them they must stay there for 14 days.

Tend to the passengers needs - food, cleaning, laundry, etc. in the hotels using normal hotel staff and procedures - the staff go home to their families every night.

What could possibly go wrong?
That's literally your right as an Australian.

This is the Feds essentially admitting they can't deliver the most basic of rights to citizens, which is unique in the world.

I'm in a really unusual position, having visited Europe for work during the pandemic, visiting London and Berlin. I hate to break it, but life in those places ain't so different, people seem to imagine zombies in the street or something, not so! In London you need to order food or drinks via an app at your table, which was mostly outside, in Berlin masks were being aggressively enforced and you must scan in at bars. I was issued with N95 masks to use and constantly used alcohol hand cleaner.

Coming back was really stressful, but quarantine was fine, I brought a lot of disinfectant wipes with me to clean the room down and some fabric disinfectant spray for the bed, my biggest thing was not having enough coffee lol.

It was very confronting, watching people just getting on with their lives in Europe, compared to the cowering fear of people in hazmat suits here. I'm not sure which is the healthier state of mind.