PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 2nd May 2021, 07:34
nervous_novice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one thing that we are in agreement on is Emirates is a 6 month renewable contract and not a stable career. At the end of the day, it’s Asia.I think many of us knew this before we came, what I never was prepared for is the mentality of certain pilots in our company. Most are on some sort of PPRUNe seniority list and we have had to read their complete drivel on here years.

Whilst former colleague go and work on factory floors 6 nights a week (if lucky), these chaps will be on here telling them “there’s loads of jobs out there”, “did you not do your homework before coming?”, “I suggest you read a story about a frog

Whilst Emirates advertises for local cadet pilots from school to join us in the midst of the most severe disruption to aviation on record filling many positions of those already doing the job who haven’t even been offered preferential treatment on rehiring ,guys on here saying “well I don’t understand what’s changed ? 🤔.. am I missing something ? They have always been hiring locals as far as I’m aware ” I often think the mentality and culture in this company comes from the top and with a ceo who was purposely doing optimistic interviews timed to the day of mass layoffs to disguise what was going on , what can we expect.

Last edited by nervous_novice; 2nd May 2021 at 07:46.