PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 1st May 2021, 14:53
Kennytheking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nervous_novice
Ken
You don’t understand why we are comparing ek to a LCC? Are we in some way superior ? The last 12-15 months have demonstrated quite the contrary. Former colleagues have seen how Emirates and other Asian carriers have dealt with the pandemic and it has reaffirmed that leaving your home country to be employed in this place is a bad idea... unless you want a career change
Sorry nervous, I can see you are angry and are lashing out emotionally. It does not make for sensible forums posts. Nobody has said we are superior to anybody. EK is a company and when they don't need you anymore they will get rid of you as cheaply and as easily as possible. You are quite correct that this is a more profound impact when you are a disposable resource working in another country. Hopefully people will consider that going forward. But it doesn't help to rant against the company for doing what it does. Go read the story about the scorpion and the frog.

From my experience, pilots in these lccs were considerably better at their job. We have guys been here 20 years and can’t fly a visual circuit hahaha
Yup, i'll probably have to put my hand up and say I fly a pretty dodgy visual circuit. Not sure what your point is and how it is relevant to what is going on here.

Guys are on here writing 8 paragraphs talking us through a detailed breakdown of the affects on the global economy, Middle East region and international aviation. One poster did get as far as “even the plague passed” truth is, none of us know how the next decade will go but if we are honest with ourselves we may have wished to spend it at our previous job back home . Trainers still telling us “I know you haven’t flown for 12 months but you need to perform Made to feel like am lucky to have a job , like a hostage, gave up a proper job with good job security, proper contract to come live in meydan south. Worst mistake of my life
I'm just going to repeat myself, man you have lots of issues. I, for one, am interested in how other people see the future playing out...if you don't want to read 8 paragraphs, then just move on.

Emirates may have been a mistake for some, but it wasn't for many, myself included. They have served me well and they will continue to serve me until I choose to leave, or I am booted. Some people seem to have a problem accepting this. Despite your feeling that you have made a mistake, you obviously consider sticking around as your best option. You will be better off understanding the scorpion than trying to have a go at it, as you drown.