PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 1st May 2021, 13:03
nervous_novice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ken

You don’t understand why we are comparing ek to a LCC? Are we in some way superior ? The last 12-15 months have demonstrated quite the contrary. Former colleagues have seen how Emirates and other Asian carriers have dealt with the pandemic and it has reaffirmed that leaving your home country to be employed in this place is a bad idea... unless you want a career change

From my experience, pilots in these lccs were considerably better at their job. We have guys been here 20 years and can’t fly a visual circuit hahaha

Guys are on here writing 8 paragraphs talking us through a detailed breakdown of the affects on the global economy, Middle East region and international aviation. One poster did get as far as “even the plague passed” truth is, none of us know how the next decade will go but if we are honest with ourselves we may have wished to spend it at our previous job back home . Trainers still telling us “I know you haven’t flown for 12 months but you need to perform Made to feel like am lucky to have a job , like a hostage, gave up a proper job with good job security, proper contract to come live in meydan south. Worst mistake of my life