PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working as a Pilot in China
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 09:32
Turkpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darkmatterparticle
Flight detent: I do not for one second question your figures, but the rather large devil is in the detail. Were you to sign for BCA tomorrow, you may be called to china and not see a dime of any sort until several months after you show up. first, you wont be commuting at all in the current environment, so expect a min of 8 months away. As much as the press is full of stories about how Covid measures are loosening, as far as international travel is concerned, the screw tightens every day with no sign of relaxation, your gonna spend one month unpaid, sorry make that in debt paying for quarantine in a room. After that there will be months of courses, sims, stupid medicals (I believe if you contract covid you are a goner for life as far as caac is concerned). You will need to tolerate punishment for landing over 1.5g, lightning strikes etc. One lightning strike? no pay. you wont fly for a month. Personally, going to china on an hour deal is not doable, you need fixed pay.
I have heard this too about if you have contracted covid you can never join. Is there any documentation in fact on this or just rumour?