PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stranded pilot refused fuel in Antarctica
Old 14th Dec 2003, 04:02
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
Bureaucrats can be obtuse at times....like all times actually....but in this case they seem to be a bit thicker than usual. The cost of allowing some flimsies onboard the next cargo flight....and some highly priced room and board....throw in a couple of UK style landing fees and it would seem our stalwart hero could be on his way without a lot of muss and fuss. We can not all be born Farmer's Son's thus the class envy or whatever is driving this angst by the proprieters at McMurdo seems a bit over the top to me.

Sorry Nick ol' buddy...but we come down on different sides of this fence....although I agree there are times that "cast iron pumps" lofted from a great height are appropriate. If we never pushed the envelope, where would we be? Seems I recall seeing you streaking off into the heavens in some fanciful designs doing some very interesting things. If you would have fetched up on Bert Reynolds place in Jupiter, reckon he would have given you some Jet A to get back to the Completion/Test facility?

Lessee here....at last count....there's what...two of these intelopers running amok down there.....doesen't seem to be like a real flood of them to me? Actually, could it be he ruined his welcome upon arrival by inappropriately voiding what must have been a very distended bladder?

Last edited by SASless; 14th Dec 2003 at 04:14.