PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates dec...whites only?
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2003, 03:56
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jonlei

Just for the record, EK has hired pilots from over 53 countries, and the Airbus Chief Pilot is not White. In my 25 years in aviation it has been my experience that the only people who pull the race card out of their hat are the ones who cannot fly, cannot get along with anyone out of their own race, (no matter what that race is) cannot accept the fact that they may have a problem getting along, and cannot understand why they are not getting hired! The assessment process at EK is 75-80% based on how well you can get along with the pilots hired from the 52 countries other than yours. As a former instructor with nearly 15000 hours in jets I very strongly believe: "You can take a bad pilot with a good attitude and have something to work with. But if you try to take a good pilot with a bad attitude, you will have nothing but trouble for yourself and your airline". Obviously, the selection process works.

You need to look inside and determine why you are not getting hired, and fix the problem. But to blame it on the race card is unfair, unjust, and unacceptable to most of us in this profession who care.

Grow up and look in the mirror. You just might not like what you see!

Oh and by the way: SQ are the masters at negative reinforcement.