PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX offers Hong Kong pilots, cabin crew voluntary redundancy
Old 29th Apr 2021, 09:43
Whitemonk Returns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total thread drift but I thought it may be valuable to know for those considering staying in HK, the locals are abandoning ship. I'm in the UK, up north, in one of the bigger but not so famous towns... I had my house valued a few months ago and the valuer told me he was having a real problem as people from HK were coming in and buying up all of the houses in the area for cash and he can't reflect cash buyers in his valuation process so would have to undervalue the house compared to what we would likely sell it for. The reason? I live within catchment to one of the best non fee paying schools in the country. Caused me a pain as I was remortgaging to do some renovations... Anyway, found it interesting. Then this week I brought the kids to school and there were FOUR different families from HK whose kids were joining the school this week dropping their kids off. This is just one small school in a random town, I expect to see much more of it.