PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC 10 Photos
Thread: VC 10 Photos
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2021, 06:23
Jhieminga

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
The VC10s that I know were flown back to Brooklands were these:
- G-ARTA (photo in Lucas book, shown departing Brooklands in MEA colours). Flown back for rebuilding to airline spec.
- G-ARVA (Eric Bucklow logbook, flew as co-pilot, via S.S.), WCN1185 (BAE Archives photo). Flown back for reconfiguring to airline spec.
- G-ARVB (photo from BAE Systems archives, via Stephen Skinner, MP24643).
- G-ARVC (photo in BAE Archives collection, departing Brooklands in Nigeria Airways colours, also in Stephen Skinner bookazine and Haynes manual shown in flight shed in NA colours).
- G-ARVE (photo in Martin Hedley book, Stephen Skinner bookazine).
- G-ARVF, rumoured to be the first to return (according to e-mail from G.P.) for drag modification assessment.
- G-ARVK (photo in Brooklands Archives/Putnam Aeronautical Review/Crowood VC10 book), flown by Trubshaw.
- G-ARVL Flown out of Brooklands again on 13 Jan 1966, according to Eric Bucklow logbook, via S.S.
- G-ARVM Flown out of Brooklands again on 28 Jan 1966, according to Eric Bucklow logbook, via S.S.
- G-ASGB (photo in Brooklands Archives).
- G-ASGD (photo in Brooklands Archives). For this one see: https://www.vc10.net/Memories/Flight...tml#TestPilots
- G-ASIX (photo in Brooklands Archives showing a departure from Brooklands in September 1965, flown there by McNamara/Bucklow in July 1965, from Gatwick).
If you can add any details to this list, please let me know. If you have the logbook details... even better!

The VC10s were certainly light when they left Brooklands, but I suspect that at least some of them did have an airline interior. They could of course use a very light fuel load for the short flight to Wisley. The last one, 5H-MOG, flew out with an empty cabin, see photo on this page: https://www.vc10.net/Airframes/cn_885__5hmog.html