PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 28th Apr 2021, 19:59
SimoFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to reiterate the advice I gave on my previous post and the one given by many others before me. WAIT, be patient for a couple more years lets see how this thing develops.
As I said, it's true that Ryanair might give you a job at the end of training, but don't think that it will come easily (pay for type 30k + living expenses during the type + living expenses during base training + living expenses during the supernumerary flights + living expenses during unpaid leave + living expenses during line training).
It does not show good judgment if you make a decision impulsively on a rush with this amount of risk.
There will be airlines recruiting, not sure when but they will eventually need pilots. Let's not forget what was happening before the pandemic, the Asian and middle east carriers were recruiting so aggressively and that caused many opportunities here in Europe. Seeing the fleet orders from such airlines could potentially suggest a similar outcome in the future. The last thing to consider is pilots retiring, many pilots have taken the pandemic as an opportunity to accept early retirements and although this does not justify a recruitment campaign for many European airlines at the moment it will be an opportunity when things return to pre-pandemic levels.