PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 28th Apr 2021, 03:50
nervous_novice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aussiefarmer mate, I think you are a tad optimistic and I think that you are way off.
We are years away from recovery to 2019 levels. Just keep in mind yeah, it is illegal to leave England at the moment. Mandatory Hotel Quarantine in the UK and Ireland. Many other EU countries only now starting to adopt it. Australia and NZ hermits at the end of the world for god knows how long. India is out of control boys. Just being realistic. What about economic impact after the pandemic? It’s not just going to go back to the they things were, is it? We’ve been watching this for more than a year now. I think it’s time that we get with the program. Traffic light travel system in UK and EU. UAE on a no travel list, indefinitely. UAE on level 4 list in the US.
I hope I’m wrong and that it recovers in the next 6 months and we can all fly airplanes again and drink miserable coffee at 3am on the way to Melbourne for the layover if a lifetime, but we’ve been here for more than a year and things are not pricking up as fast as we thought, are they?