PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cloud Seeding Cessna 310 Moorabbin 1980's
Old 27th Apr 2021, 02:33
Chris Dalton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mrs

Originally Posted by Centaurus
Had a discussion recently about cloud seeding operations in th 1980's using a Cessna 310 from Moorabbin. Does anyone have any more information of that operation such as how long did it go for, what were the various pilot's names, where did they do the seeding, etc

Hi there, now 2021 and I’m just seeing this question about pilots of the Cessna 310 that did cloud seeding operations (your 2009 question!)

. I’m not sure about the Moorabbin location, But during this time, my father George Martin flew a Cessna 310 with a call sign REL ? from Mascot/Bankstown aerodromes.
...this plane now is in the Albion Park Heritage aviation Museum I believe. He flew this Cessna for approx 10 years with his co-pilot Bud Withers. I understanding is the CSIRO cancelled the project as there was no concrete evidence that the cloud seeding was repeatably proven to work. Loved knowing that there is still interest in this “rain making” history.

My dad was an ex-Typhoon fighter pilot .. shot down on D-Day over Normandy and harboured by the French resistance for three months prior to being rescued by advancing allied forces