PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Management Appointments
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2021, 01:51
outnabout

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Lead Balloon, I have Googled.
I see no mention of GA.
I see plenty of mention of military, and (I suspect) warbirds.
I do not think involvement with the debacle that is the NBN roll out qualifies anyone to be in charge of a cake stall, much less Civil Aviation.CM Binksin served as Chief of the Air Force from 2008-11, then as Chief of Defence Force from 2014-2018, after which he retired from the RAAF.

Binksin began his defence career in the Royal Australian Navy as a Skyhawk pilot and was qualified on Mirages via an exchange with the air force. After the Navy disbanded its fixed-wing capability, he transferred to the RAAF full time, later serving as CO 77 SQN at Williamtown and Air Commander Australia. Binskin also held senior command positions during operations in Iraq.

Binskin is a member of the Temora Historic Flight Club and owns an O-1 Birddog and an amateur-built F-1 Rocket.
Spence held the role of Deputy Secretary at Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development, with responsibilities that included aviation and airports, transport policy and portfolio research. Previously, Spence worked for the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, was closely involved with the NBN roll-out and served as aviation advisor to the Minister for Transport.