PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 13:17
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
No incorrect. Lucky for you. Whatever your circumstances though it doesn’t make it right when there are significant inconsistencies. If you’re happy with the status quo so be it. I trust Alan rang you to thank you for your service.
I think compressor stall works in even colder climates than Alan's office. So not QF.

Fortress Australia has screwed the few to protect the many. It's economy is doing well, unemployment is going ok. And that's where the big picture stops. In comparison to life in other parts of the world it is still the lucky country. And I say that as an Ozzie locked on the outside.

Unfortunately the working life of the international pilot (and domestic with the way states shut down) is of no consequence. If qf don't do the flying, someone from outside will The public and travelers don't care. I don't endorse this, but this where Australia is at.

There is lots of real world data now supporting the use of vaccines. And until the major population of the world have been jabbed, there won't be change. And that is taking a long time to achieve.

But, on our network, where quarentine is no longer an issue, our aircraft are full. So I see this as evidence as a strong rebound in travel when things finally open up.

I only hope that those still waiting to be recalled can wait it out.

And troo believer I agree with everything you say about the inconsistent way it's all being managed. But those making the decisions weren't the ones we saw do well in class at school.