PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 09:13
Radgirl

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Troo Believer you asked fro some science:

We have a range of vaccines and some are very questionable but the two mRNA vaccines - Pfizer and Moderna - seem not only to stop serious disease but also to provide sterility ie stop the individual passing on illness by reducing the viral load in the nose. The data is coming out day by day but in healthcare I feel safe based on the science although like you I am told what to do by politicians who seem to ignore the science.

In the UK we are interested in how Australia and NZ will ever open up and save their economies given recent statements by your politicians and the slow rate of vaccination.

PM me and I will find some data for you - IMHO if aircrew are vaccinated with 2 doses of mRNA and have 2 negative PCR tests then they are safe. We need 2 tests not one due to false negatives but as long as they are done by a trained healthcare worker and not self administered they could be done an hour apart. The PCR just checks you arent contaminated. If you want to be really pedantic you could insist on a shower, change of clothes and leaving luggage airside for 72 hours but there was a non peer reviewed paper that found only 1 in 100 cases arose from touching contaminated surfaces, the rest being due to aerosol transmission.