PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2021, 01:55
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
Apparently the guy went to India to get married in January. People are allowed to leave provided they have a "compelling reason" and will be gone for three months or more so he hasn't done anything "wrong". The problem is this three month loophole. I believe this is why the number of Australians wanting to return has stayed pretty static..

I've said all along that putting infected people in the middle of a city in hotels is complete madness, as well as leaving people there when they test positive instead of putting them in a negative pressure room.

Time McGowan realises the feds aren't going to step up and uses the budget surplus to refurbish some abandoned mining camps with nice big sealed runways. The hundreds of millions of dollars lost by businesses here, including mine, would have paid for it and the FIFO wages many many times over. The excuse about being away from medical facilities doesn't make sense when there are two PC24s parked outside RFDS.
Obfuscation from all quarters.
Dutton says "Curtin & Xmas Island are not fit for purpose". In what way are they not fit for purpose?
I suspect that the problem would just be the need to spend money.
Xmas Island was going to need $400 million spent on it which made it "totally unsuitable for immigration purposes" .... until they needed it as a staging post for deporting bikie boofheads.
And suddenly it was quite acceptable.

But which "dis-used W.A. mining camp" did you have in mind? I can't think of any, off hand.