PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caption Competition Mk III
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2021, 16:47
cavuman1

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Wink And the WINNER is...

I might have gone with something like “Hoping to become Pope after his term as President, Joe practices genuflection…”, or “The Prez keeps ‘em in stitches with his dead cat imitation.”

Alright then! Votes are in, stuffed, validated, and counted and we can declare a winner! Only eight total candidates in this race, all of whom ran excellent campaigns and contributed superbly.

Of special merit are Kiltrash with “Who pressed the EMERGENCY STOP button on the escalator?”, Nutloose opining “So that’s why they call the carpet a Wilton.” (This American had to use Google-Fu to learn of Wilton Carpet), Treadigraph scores with “I hadn't realized POTUS meant being part of a Hal Needham film…” (I actually appeared in the Hal Needham/Burt Reynolds movie Stroker Ace, the New York Times Must MISS feature of 1983!), and Ascend Charlie with “Damn Donald left a Bunnings onion on the steps!” (I had to research this one as well. Those sausages with onions looked delectable!)

But the new Stand Up Comic-elect is Nutty with “DROP AND GIVE ME FIVE YOU SONOFABITCH!! USMC pfc Shultz, honor guard, knew he shouldn’t have, but heck it was fun.” Comedic insolence writ large – summa cum laude, Sir!

Kamala LaLa Ding Dong will be over with the stolen CST after these messages!

- Ed

Last edited by cavuman1; 25th Apr 2021 at 16:48. Reason: spacing