PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get ready for the big bang
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2003, 21:37
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al E. Vator, you ask “What of consequence has he (Peter Harbison) ever done in Aviation except talk?”

Ask that question of anyone employed by Compass 1. Mr Harbison planned and ran “Operation (I forget the name)”, the extremely questionable coup that saw Compass 1 closed down and its aircraft seized and quickly moved offshore three days before Christmas, buying Ansett another 11 years before it collapsed, where AN senior management have since admitted it would – and should – have collapsed within two weeks back in 1991 had Harbison’s ‘operation’ not been implemented.

In the US, there would have been a Congressional Inquiry by now into the extremely questionable nature of the seizure of Compass assets after the unspeakable bob’ork gave the go ahead for the Government to demand payments of Compass that were later found to be totally spurious. (Ahhh, [best said in a thick Hungarian accent, the beauty of having ‘mates’ in high places.)

Maybe one day we’ll see a Royal Commission into the Compass shutdown and Harbison’s Operation Whateveritwas, but I suspect it won’t happen before the bodgie and quite a few others are safely underground. Why? Because the first rule of a Royal Commission is you don’t hold one unless you know the conclusions it’s going to come up with, and I suspect there are far too many people in Canberra on both sides of the House who know exactly what those conclusions will be and definitely don’t want them aired in public.

Not that the Great Unwashed seem to give a FR’sA…