PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last A380 Leaves Assembly Hall
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2021, 14:10
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This starts getting pathetic. You are actually in a search for customers ready to pay the surplus a daringly designed product needs to become profitable.
Normally it works the other way around, namely manufacturers try to design a product for what customers are ready to buy.
It compares to the unprofitable volume vs. weight ratio of the 380 in terms of cargo capacity. You might try the same here, but i reckon that no one would pay the necessary price to ship styrofoam profitably .....

I say it again: You can insulate any airliner to a A380 standard, you can equip any big airliner with the space in premium as the 380 (ever flown the new First on EKs T7? It has similar space than its 380).
But then these aircraft would become the same incredible technical achievement () and similarly uneconomical as the whale.
You very simply can't beat physics.

Emirates is momentarily stuck with its huge fleet of 380s. Therefore it is the only airline that can and will redeploy a sizeable fleet. That is most welcome for our fellow pilots. The loss is the Sheiks and i couldn't care less.
But any small fleet revival or conversion of the 380 will not materialise because this cannot be profitable.