PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just your honest opinion
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2021, 19:57
ExLunaScientia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just your honest opinion

Hello everyone,

As the title says, i would like to know all your opinions. Please, just be polite and don't let's start a out-of-tangent arguing.
I'm CPL/ME-IR+PBN. No MCC, no UPRT but both to be done this mid-summer. I'm 39 turning 40. My flight time it's about 1.300h., just 50 in multiengine. All my time done in a air work company (i mean, not doing instruction but air spraying and firefighting aerial coordination). My ATPL examns wasn't perfect as i repeated two subjects and i know this is a "No GO" for Ryanair and others. I kept myself as sharp as i could, bought the ACE and using flight simulator at home whenever i could.
From my point of view, (AND AWARE ABOUT COVID STRUGGLES) i think i'm gonna have a hard time for becoming airliner (i mean, harder that others). Against me it's my age, not too many flight time, no IFR experience, barelly no experience in multiengine. And having 1000+ flight time in single engine i think it's gonna be more a con than a pro as airlines as RYR looks for young, fresh cadets. Am I right?

Please, could you give me some advises? where should i head to get the more chances to become an airliner pilot?
Thanks to all of you.