PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 01:29
morno

Received 312 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
To me, no it isn't.

The KRviatrix and I are both fully immunised so much as can be, as are the rugrats, however, we both have reservations about the speed with which these vaccines have been developed, "approved" and rolled out. They may ultimately be proven to be unfounded reservations, but to me, it seems like we are grasping at anything that will get us back to pre-covid times and to hell with the long-term risks. There was no suggestion of blood clots with the AZ vaccine until Norway & Denmark stopped administering it. What other hidden gems might appear down the track? I accept the risk of contracting Covid and manage that risk myself, rather than having it managed for me by companies & governments with a pecuniary interest in having me get the vaccination.

History is littered with examples of "It seemed like a good idea at the time!"
We administer drugs and vaccines all the time that have risks attached to them, much higher than these new vaccines. The contraceptive pill for example, a ****load higher risk of developing blood clots than the AZ vaccine.

People need some perspective and trust in the medical science that has got us this far in history.

The fear and scepticism of these Covid vaccines is largely media driven.