PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Shot - Side Effects?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2021, 11:59
Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redsnail
In EASA land, they recommend 48 hours no fly post jab.
I had the AZ jab and I needed those 48 hours off. I had Covid a year ago, so did Checkboard, although, we experienced different symptoms.
About 7-8 hours after the jab, the chills kicked in, then felt hot, this cycled all the way through the night plus felt nauseous too. By morning, that had gone away but was left with a headache that wouldn't budge and fatigue that didn't let up until the evening. Headache finally went away. The next day, just very tired. Slight tenderness under the arm, jab site, fine.
Checkboard (who is long covid with altered sense of smell and taste), very mild chills and fever but had bad joint/back pain for about a day.

Can't wait for the second one... It should be better...
I had exactly the same symptoms as you Redsnail. Was a little worried at the time as I've never had side-effects to anything before.... also I think the nurse doing the jab could've explained a bit more about possible side effects and likelihood of them. It was very much a production line for getting the jab, literally didn't even sit down - it was queue up, confirm name and date of birth, jab, on your way....

However... do I think it was worth having? YES! Will I go for the second one? YES!

Good luck to all