PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sure Aviation Finance: Are They Any Good?
Old 18th Apr 2021, 00:28
RedDragonFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only echo what other posters have said. Just don't.

Taking on any debt to undertake flight training has always been a big risk. In these Covid times, it is a massive risk. I have a good friend from flight school who is in debt close to £50k (so not as bad as many others) who is scrambling to pay it off by getting any job going as there are few flying jobs on the near horizon. I really can't imagine what people who have taken on six figure loans are doing at the moment.

There are other ways to do things.
You could go modular which spreads the cost and lowers the risk dramatically. You would start doing the PPL and after that the ATPL exams and hour building. All three of them whilst working and your job would pay for your flying. If you're lucky, you might be able to live with your parents for free/ very little over the next few years to help realise the dream. If not, it can still be done, but with a little more difficulty.
The cost in different places varies dramatically, but could reasonably be done for £20k-£25k here in the UK. If you get a full time job, that should be doable in 2-3 years with good budgeting.
The next bit of the training (CPL/IR/MEP) is a bit more expensive and more intense. TBH, I only know people who have done it full-time, but it could also be done whilst working. Hopefully someone on here could help with that if you were interested.