PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get ready for the big bang
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2003, 20:34
Al E. Vator

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
BOLLOCKS, BOLLOCKS, BOLLOCKS.

If the oft-quoted Peter Harbison is such a damned expert why doesn't he put his money where his big mouth is?

What of consequence has he ever done in Aviation except talk?

If I could find his quote I would - but it was not so long ago that his mouth was spouting out that for Singapore Airlines "It was not a matter of if, but when they would start a low-cost Australian carrier". So when specifically will this be Mr-Know-It-All-Expert?

Why do we waist space on this bottom-feeder. The Townsville Refueller is far more up to date with reality than this aviation clingon.

Additionally, having experienced it first-hand, I have to sadly say that Australian Airlines is an enigma. It is a full-fare airline with basically no service. Why would you pay the same as say QF, SQ or CX for WAY, WAY less service? This is not a formula which gurantees sucsess, particularly in Asia. Please take note Ms. Staines.

The GENUINE low cost carrier is here to stay in Asia but it will be based out of somewhere practical like KL or Seletar but definitely not bloody Subic Bay. It will be an exiting and rewarding period for many involved in aviation but only the most astute will survive.

Get a grip on reality and for crying out loud, ignore self-serving, non-achieving buffoons like Harbison.