PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 17th Apr 2021, 02:40
pinkpanther1

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bull_Shark
So with an upturn in domestic travel and Virgin, Qantas and Jetstar putting on extra aircraft and now requiring more crew, the whinging at Rex will soon turn to claims of other airlines ‘poaching’ their staff.

These highly experienced cabin crew and pilots Rex have recruited will surely be tempted to return to their legacy airlines especially given that Rex (as they very proudly made a point of when kicking off the jet operation) pay 20% less than Jetstar salaries.

This coupled with perks such as pay for your own ground schools, Uber for crew transport and lack of staff travel won’t make a long term career option at Rex seem inviting and when crew start leaving for better conditions the inevitable howling of unfairness will be echoing all the way up Baxter Rd to T2 at Sydney airport.

I guess the cadets will soon be forced to write even lengthier commitment and motivational letters prior to employment..
Whilst nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing Rex moan and cry, I don't think they'll have any shortage anytime soon. Plenty of redundant pilots with TR waiting to come back from the Middle East and Asia.