PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another year of flying
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2003, 19:06
ratsarrse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only say that I have read all of your posts with more than a hint of jealosy. All you people doing great and positive things! My year was a game of two halves, really. Everything went swimmingly for the first six months - I wasn't flying as much as I would have liked, but progress was being made. The last six months were a bit grim in terms of flying. On the last thread, my aims for 2003 were:

• Finally get my PPL!
  • Even if I have to sell my parents and their dog into slavery

I have to say that I achieved neither. My parents and dalmation are still free citizens (well, I'm not sure that the dog is actually a free citizen, but lets not be too pedantic). As for the PPL - very frustrating! Things started quite well, but work commitments got the better of me over summer - I spent much of summer glaring resentfully out of the office window at all that lovely weather. Then, as a nice long stretch of regular doses of free time for flying opened up, I had appendicitis, which knocked the wind out of my sails for a bit. All of which has led to some general despondency, disillusionment and navel gazing. Much like Gordon Brown, I also found that the books didn't balance. Unlike, our esteemed chancellor, I don't feel that borrowing against future growth is a good idea.

So for 2004:
[list=1][/list=1][list=1][*]Find some more cash, somehow *sigh*[*]Recommence flying when (1) is resolved. Alternatively, I could just whack it all on the credit card, even though I know that is a very bad idea.[/list=1]

Keep the positive stories and lofty ideals for the year ahead coming - I need some inspiration!

Edited just to say:
One more aim for 2004 is to get a PPRuNe personal title to mark my upcoming 500th (probably pointless and probably rightfully ignored) post...