PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2021, 11:31
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI-BUD

Correct, that is the plan and it is the intention to very closely mirror the ex DY long haul operation. IIRC, they are anticipating a December 21 launch, although this may yet change in the months ahead depending on the progress of the vaccination programme and emergence of travel corridors between Europe and the USA. Time will indeed tell. Certainly I am hopeful that this will work out for LGW, as prior to Covid, USA services from here were very popular and provided many of us with a good alternative to LHR. It'll be good to see more US destinations back on the departure boards at LGW. On the subject of long haul, I do wonder what the picture will look like for Gatwick going forward medium and long term? I am not anticipating too much of a difference recovery-wise in S21 but what do people reckon LGW will have in store for W21 and S22? LHR will, inevitably quickly fill back up again, so I wonder if those airlines which suspended LGW in the wake of the pandemic will be back in the next year or two? (e.g. Virgin, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines).